Register for the Texas License to Carry (LTC) or Florida Concealed Weapons Permit (CWP) class
Sign up for the USCCA Concealed Carry and Home Defense course to protect yourself and others and to meet the requirements for the Texas LTC or Florida CWP permits. None of your contact information will be shared with anyone else.
Other Important Information:
- When you come to the class, please bring a government-issued photo ID with you.
- Because we need to meet a minimum training time legal requirement, we will train through lunch. Snacks will be be provided, but please bring a sack lunch with you. This helps us keep costs low and maximizes the amount of material you learn through the day.
- No live ammunition of any kind is allowed in the class.
- All firearms brought to class must be empty and be inspected by the instructor before entering the classroom (the fellowship hall of First Baptist Church Las Colinas).
How to get your Texas License to Carry (LTC)
- Complete a training course taught by an instructor who is certified by the Texas Department of Public Safety to teach the LTC course.
- Apply for your Texas LTC by clicking here. After you complete your application and payment, you can print a sheet with a barcode. (It is best to print 2 copies so that you retain one for your personal records until you receive your permit.) You can then submit that sheet along with your course completion certificate (which you get after successfully completing class) to the Texas Department of Public Safety which will issue your license unless you fail some legal qualification. If you have a scanner, you can upload your course completion certificate online which will speed up the processing of your license request.
- Get your fingerprints taken electronically. The state of Texas requires that fingerprints be taken electronically, so you must schedule an appointment with an IdentGo facility and the charge is minimal (approximately $10). The fingerprints are sent directly to the State of Texas. (Note: If you apply for a Florida license, your fingerprints must be taken by a law enforcement agency. I have had mine taken by the Arlington Police Department on Division Street and never had any problems with the fingerprints.)
- For more detailed information, check out our Resources page.
For general information about who can have a Texas LTC and about Texas carry laws, click here.